After the examination
- You will return to the ward to rest.
- You may still have a little wind but this will pass naturally.
- Normally patients need to stay in hospital for a day or so after the test, but occasionally you may be allowed home the same day.
- You may also be kept nil by mouth for a period of up to 24 hours. However, if the procedure is straightforward you can usually eat and drink once you are fully awake.
- You will be informed of the result of the examination. If biopsies have been taken, the results take about a week to come back.
- A letter will be sent to your GP.