If it has been decided you can go home on the same day as your procedure
- You must have a friend or relative with transport to collect you from the unit and stay with you at home for 24 hours until you are fully recovered;
- You are advised not to drive, drink alcohol, operate machinery (including an electric kettle), or sign important documents for 24 hours following the sedative;
- You may have a mild sore throat, but this will pass and is nothing to worry about;
- You may feel a little bloated from some air left in the stomach, again this will pass;
- You can eat and drink as normal.