After the examination
- You will return to the ward area to rest.
- If you had the local anaesthetic throat spray you can have a drink as soon as your swallowing is back to normal (usually after about 20 to 60 minutes).
- You may still have a little wind; this is natural.
- The nurse will tell you the result of the examination before you go home. Any biopsy result will take longer.
- After sedation, you may feel a little lightheaded for the remainder of the day.
- A letter will be sent to your GP.