Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) Order 2014
Specific information about our relationship with consultants, including key charges made by Spencer Private Hospitals and any financial interests in Spencer Private Hospitals held by referring clinicians are set out below.
Compliance with CMA Order 2014
In October 2014, the Competition and Markets Authority (the "CMA") published the Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014 (the "Order") following its investigation into the private healthcare industry. The Order imposed requirements on private hospital operators to disclose certain information in relation to referring clinicians (as defined by the Order) for the benefit of patients. Full details about the investigation and the Order can be found on the CMA web page. The information provided by Spencer Private Hospitals below is required by the Order.
"Higher Value" Services
The services provided at Spencer Private Hospitals to referring clinicians and the amounts charged by Spencer Private Hospitals for those services are set out below:
- Use of consulting rooms: £20 per hour
- Medical secretarial services range from £50 - £375 dependent on private patients number.
“Low Value” Services
The following “low-value” services are also provided to referring clinicians with practising privileges at this hospital:
- General services to ensure clinical safety (e.g. in-house training, chaperones)
- Operational services such as patient bookings/admissions, administrative services and billing, and insurance/indemnity cover in respect of NHS patients
- General marketing support, including production of consultant directories, promotional activities, web profiles etc.
- Basic workplace amenities such as teas/coffees/refreshments, subsidised meals, car parking, stationery.
Corporate Hospitality Events for referring clinicians
Spencer Private Hospitals do not provide any Corporate Hospitality Events.
Clinician Financial Interests in Spencer Private Hospitals
Private hospital operators are required to disclose details of referring clinicians practicing at their facilities, who have a share or financial interest in those facilities or any equipment used there. No clinicians own shares in Spencer Private Hospitals. Where a referring clinician has an individual web page profile on this hospital website, relevant shares and/or financial interests are disclosed there. For referring clinicians who do not have an individual profile, their shares and/or financial interests are shown below:
- Hearbase were responsible for the outfitting of the audiology facility at Spencer Private Hospitals and as such receive 50% of any fees charged to the patients for the use of the facility.
Clinician Advisory services to Spencer Private Hospitals
No referring clinicians providing advisory services to the hospital.