Manage Your Cookies
For a list of instructions on how to disable cookies for your website browser, please select the browser you are using:
- On the main menu bar located at the top of the browser, click on Tools followed by Internet Options
- Under the Privacy tab there is a slider bar that can be used to select the privacy setting level for all websites a user visits. The settings are summarised below.
Block All Cookies: Cookies from all Web sites will be blocked.
Existing cookies on your computer cannot be ready by Web sites.
Block cookies that use personally identifiable information without your explicit consent.
Blocks third-party cookies that use personally identifiable information without your explicit consent.
Blocks first-party cookies that use personally identifiable information without implicit consent.
Blocks third-party cookies that use personally identifiable information without your implicit consent.
Restricts first-party cookies that use personally identifiable information without implicit consent.
Restricts third-party cookies that use personally identifiable information without your implicit consent.
Accept all cookies: All cookies will be saved on this computer.
Existing cookies on this computer can be read by the Web sites that created them
- For further settings relating to cookie options, please select the following option menus: sites, import, andadvanced.
- On the main menu located at the top of the browser, click on tools followed by internet options
- Under the privacy tab there are a number of options that can be set for cookies on your computer.
- The option which states: ‘Tell web sites I do not want to be tracked’ – will notify individual websites that the user does not want their actions tracked.
- Under History there are three options; remember history, never remember history, and use custom settings for history.
- For the option remember history “Firefox will remember your browsing, download, form and search history and keep cookies from Web sites you visit.” There is also the option to clear your recent history, or remove individual cookies.
- For the option Never remember history “Firefox will use the same settings as private browsing, and will not remember any history as you browse the Web.” Within this there is also the option to clear all current history.
- For the option Use custom settings for history there are several tick boxes that can be selected, allowing the user to choose the options required.
- Within this there are the options Exceptions and Show Cookies.
- At the top right hand side of the browser menu bar, there is a spanner icon, click on this followed byOptions.
- In the Under the bonnet tab, under Privacy there are two cookie options that can be set; Content settingsand Clear browsing data.
- The Content settings option brings up a separate menu listing several options with the cookie settings at the top.
There are three main options that can be chosen individually; Allow local data to be set (recommended),Allow local data to be set for the current session only, and Block sites from setting any data. In addition to these, two additional options can also be enabled with the chosen individual option; Block third-party cookies from being set and Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser.
Within the Content settings option, there are a further two options; Manage exceptions and All cookies and site data.
- At the top left hand side of the browser click on Edit followed by Preferences and select the Privacy tab. Within this menu are all the options for setting cookies.
- There are two buttons that can be clicked. Removal All Website Data will clear all the cookie data from all the websites browsed and Details, which displays the names of the cookies that are stored allowing the user to remove cookies individually.
- There are two options that have individual choices for each.
Block cookies either:
- From third parties and advertisers
Limit website access to location services:
- Prompt for each website once each day
- Prompt for each website one time only
- Deny without prompting
- Under the Tools menu located at the top of the browser select Advanced followed by Cookies.
- Here there are a range of options a user can choose for Cookies on your computer.
Accept cookies only from the site I visit
Never accept cookies
Delete new cookies when exiting Opera
Ask me before accepting cookies
- The Manage Cookies option allows a user to view the details of the cookies each website has gathered such as their name, value and date it is set to expire, and the option to delete them if they choose to.
- On the main menu located at the top of the browser click on Edit followed by Preferences.
- On the Privacy and Security category drop down click on Cookies.
- Under Cookie Acceptance Policy click on one of the following four options;
- Block cookies
- Allow cookies for the originating web site only
- Allow cookies based on privacy settings
- Allow all cookies
- Under Cookie Lifetime Policy click on one of the following four options;
- Accept cookies normally
- Accept for current session only
- Accept cookies for a predetermined number of days
- Ask for each cookie – with the option that can be ticked to enable except for session cookies
- Under Manage Cookies and Sites this allows you to view and manage stored cookies and per-site settings for accepting and rejecting cookies. Per-site settings will override the settings above.
The Cookie Manager button allows you to manage the individual cookies that are collected and stored on your computer by your web browser.
Further information on: