Below you can find Spencer Private Hospitals policy regarding Cookies.
Cookies are small data files containing unique identifiers, which are sent to your device when you visit a website.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you would expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Below is a list of the different types of cookies and a description of what they are used for.
Session cookies are temporary cookies that are used to remember while you are visiting the website, and they expire when you close your web browser.
Persistent cookies are used to remember your preferences within the website and remain on your desktop or mobile device after you close your browser or restart your computer. We use these cookies to analyse user behaviour so that we can improve the website functionality and experience we provide.
Uses unique telephone tracking numbers and unique visitor IDs to link a user’s call to the specific channel they originated from. Calls to a number generated by CallTracks are also recorded for marketing purposes.
An analytics tool used to measure the effectiveness of Facebook advertising by tracking the actions people take on the site. When someone visits the website and takes an action (like completing a form), the Facebook pixel is triggered and reports this action.
Data about our website users’ actions on the website are recorded anonymously by using Google Analytics and cookies. It helps us keep track of what people like to look at, what they don’t like to look at and make our website more user friendly.
Links to external websites
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that www.spencerprivatehospitals.com is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of other websites.
There is a feature to enable you to accept cookies from this website. When visiting the website you will be prompted with a dialogue box containing a statement and giving you the option to ‘opt-in’ to allowing cookies to be stored on your computer by this website. If you choose not to, the message will remain on all pages until cookies have been accepted on this website.
Once you have accepted cookies and later decide you do not want to allow cookies to be stored on your computer, you can delete cookies from your browser by navigating to the following:
Browser settings > Privacy and Security > Site Settings > Permissions > Cookies and Site Data
From here you'll be able to amend your cookie settings.
Deleting and managing cookies
Your browser will allow you to delete or manage cookies saved to your computer. This website uses essential temporary cookies to improve usability. The temporary cookies used for this website cannot be blocked or removed as they enable the website to provide its primary functions.
For further information on deleting and managing cookies, please refer to the All About Cookies website. If you wish to manage or change your cookie settings manually, this can be done through your website browser. For advice on how to do this, please see the 'Manage your cookies' section below.
www.spencerprivatehospitals.com reserves the right to change the privacy statement without notice. It is the responsibility of users to check this privacy statement regularly.
www.spencerprivatehospitals.com is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. This includes a listing of contact details and websites for support groups - any support group listed on this website is not necessarily endorsed by www.spencerprivatehospitals.com.
We cannot guarantee that links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
For a list of instructions on how to disable cookies for your website browser, please select the browser you are using:
- On the main menu bar located at the top of the browser, click on Tools followed by Internet Options
- Under the Privacy tab there is a slider bar that can be used to select the privacy setting level for all websites a user visits. The settings are summarised below.
Block All Cookies: Cookies from all Web sites will be blocked.
Existing cookies on your computer cannot be ready by Web sites.
Block cookies that use personally identifiable information without your explicit consent.
Blocks third-party cookies that use personally identifiable information without your explicit consent.
Blocks first-party cookies that use personally identifiable information without implicit consent.
Blocks third-party cookies that use personally identifiable information without your implicit consent.
Restricts first-party cookies that use personally identifiable information without implicit consent.
Restricts third-party cookies that use personally identifiable information without your implicit consent.
Accept all cookies: All cookies will be saved on this computer.
Existing cookies on this computer can be read by the Web sites that created them
- For further settings relating to cookie options, please select the following option menus: sites, import, and advanced.
- On the main menu located at the top of the browser, click on tools followed by internet options
- Under the privacy tab there are a number of options that can be set for cookies on your computer.
- The option which states: ‘Tell web sites I do not want to be tracked’ – will notify individual websites that the user does not want their actions tracked.
- Under History there are three options; remember history, never remember history, and use custom settings for history.
- For the option remember history “Firefox will remember your browsing, download, form and search history and keep cookies from Web sites you visit.” There is also the option to clear your recent history, or remove individual cookies.
- For the option Never remember history “Firefox will use the same settings as private browsing, and will not remember any history as you browse the Web.” Within this there is also the option to clear all current history.
- For the option Use custom settings for history there are several tick boxes that can be selected, allowing the user to choose the options required.
- Within this there are the options Exceptions and Show Cookies.
- At the top right hand side of the browser menu bar, there is a spanner icon, click on this followed by Options.
- In the Under the bonnet tab, under Privacy there are two cookie options that can be set; Content settings and Clear browsing data.
- The Content settings option brings up a separate menu listing several options with the cookie settings at the top.
There are three main options that can be chosen individually; Allow local data to be set (recommended),Allow local data to be set for the current session only, and Block sites from setting any data. In addition to these, two additional options can also be enabled with the chosen individual option; Block third-party cookies from being set and Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser.
Within the Content settings option, there are a further two options; Manage exceptions and All cookies and site data.
- At the top left hand side of the browser click on Edit followed by Preferences and select the Privacy tab. Within this menu are all the options for setting cookies.
- There are two buttons that can be clicked. Removal All Website Data will clear all the cookie data from all the websites browsed and Details, which displays the names of the cookies that are stored allowing the user to remove cookies individually.
- There are two options that have individual choices for each.
Block cookies either:
- From third parties and advertisers
Limit website access to location services:
- Prompt for each website once each day
- Prompt for each website one time only
- Deny without prompting
- Under the Tools menu located at the top of the browser select Advanced followed by Cookies.
- Here there are a range of options a user can choose for Cookies on your computer.
Accept cookies only from the site I visit
Never accept cookies
Delete new cookies when exiting Opera
Ask me before accepting cookies
- The Manage Cookies option allows a user to view the details of the cookies each website has gathered such as their name, value and date it is set to expire, and the option to delete them if they choose to.